- Check-out/check-in library materials and other circulation functions
- Assist clientele in finding needed library materials and performing on-line database searches
- Create, process, and track purchase orders
- Maintain and update inventory records for periodical and serial materials
- Provide clerical support for library
- Working knowledge of library classification system(s) and standard library reference tools sufficient to assist clients in locating materials and conducting research.
- Ability to apply and support detailed coding or cataloging systems sufficient to create tracking for new print and non-print library acquisitions and locate and replace existing materials.
- Ability to operate personal computers, use various software and web-based applications, and other office equipment sufficient to locate catalog information, word-process documents, complete forms and prepare reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing sufficient to determine and respond to the informational needs of clients of varied educational levels and backgrounds; to train, direct and evaluate work of student clerical staff; and to assist the professional library staff to maintain the library collection according to library policy and procedures.
- Two year degree. Library technician degree
- One year of library work experience.
TO APPLY: Submit your resume on-line to Requisition #09MNSC000215 at www.careers.state.mn.us. This position will be open for application on the Minnesota Management and Budget site from June 21, 2009, through July 6, 2009.