Process and describe a manuscript collection. Interns will gain experience working with manuscripts and special collections materials. Some work with digitization is also possible.
Primary Duties and responsibilities include:
- Describing and organizing two collections of 19th American correspondence, pamphlets and other ephemera.
- Digitization using scanners and/or digital editing software.
- Preservation work using enclosures and other treatments.
- Archival storage development, such as refoldering, labeling, etc.
- Be currently enrolled in a library program or be a recent library school graduate.
- Be able to life and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Completed coursework in Archival Studies desirable.
- Candidate has not completed an internship with Hennepin County Library in the past.
Hennepin County Library - Ridgedale
12601 Ridgedale Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305