· Have strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and a user-focused commitment;
· Required to maintain effective relationships with diverse constituencies of university faculty, students, staff, and consortial colleagues in an environment of rapid technological change.
· Participating in database management and quality control ensuring the integrity, accuracy and usefulness of the CLICnet catalog and other metadata repositories;
· Participating in, supporting, and implementing the development of local and consortia-wide cataloging/metadata policies and standards.
· Ability to apply thoughtful and intellectually rigorous processes to cataloging and the application of metadata;
· Ability to interpret and apply international standards as well as professional judgment;
· The cataloger should understand: