Job Title: Literacy Activities Internship - North Regional Library
Closing Date/Time: Mon. 11/03/08 5:00 PM Central Time
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Internship
Literacy Activities Internship
Hennepin County Library - North Regional Library
The Hennepin County Library - North Regional Library is pleased to offer an internship opportunity to develop programs, services and resources to support literacy initiatives at the Library. This is an excellent opportunity for students in early elementary education or youth services librarianship to gain real world experience in the field.
Winter 2008/2009, 120 hours.
Unpaid college credit internship.
North Regional Library, 1315 Lowry Avenue North, Minneapolis.
Deadline for Application:
November 3, 2008.
· In conjunction with Library staff, plan and deliver after-school programming focusing on youth ages 6-11.
· Develop creative and engaging projects and activities to enhance learning and literacy in a drop-in environment.
· Help with homework assignments as needed.
· Create a safe, respectful, and youth-development-based learning environment.
· Establish supportive relationships with youth.
· Foster positive group dynamics for youth and families.
· Keep accurate records of participation and prepare reports of activities.
This is an excellent opportunity for a student completing a bachelor's or master's degree in Elementary Education, Youth Development or a related area of study. Ideal candidates will be creative, reliable, patient, adaptable, and possess the ability to approach and engage students on a one-to-one basis. Candidates will possess a strong commitment to literacy and libraries.
Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and evenings.
To Apply and for Questions:
Send cover letter outlining qualifications for this position, resume and contact information for two references to:
- OR -
Hennepin County Library - Ridgedale
12601 Ridgedale Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305
For more information contact Barbara Elg at email@example.com or (612) 630-6601.