Inver Hills Community College is looking for an individual to provide technical assistance in the College’s Library.
Application Deadline: September 8, 2009
Appointment: Unlimited, Full-time.
Pay: $14.61 - $15.28 an hour, depending on qualifications.
Work Schedule: M, T, W, Th – 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
F – 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Every other Wednesday from 12:30 pm to 9:00 pm and one Saturday a month from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm during the academic year with the following Monday off.
· Oversee library acquisitions;
· Maintain Aleph serial records;
· Perform general maintenance of the physical periodical and newspaper collection;
· Prepare orders for library subscriptions and back issues;
· Catalogue library materials (books, serials, audiovisual, etc);
· Assist library users in locating materials;
· Provide some supervision of student workers.
· Working knowledge of library classification system(s) and standard library reference tools sufficient to assist clients in locating materials and conducting research.
· Apply and support detailed coding or cataloging systems sufficient to create tracking for new print and non-print library acquisitions and locate and replace existing materials.
· Operate personal computers, use various software and web-based applications, and other office equipment sufficient to locate catalog information, word-process documents, complete forms and prepare reports.
· Communicate effectively orally and in writing sufficient to determine and respond to the informational needs of clients of varied educational levels and backgrounds; to train, direct and evaluate work of student clerical staff; and to assist the professional library staff to maintain the library collection according to library policy and procedures.
· Working knowledge of MnPALS library catalog system, OCLC, and CatMe/Connection;
· Academic library experience.
You are strongly encouraged to submit your resume through the online Resume Builder at https://statejobs.doer.state.mn.us/ResumeBuilder/ , the requisition # 09MNSC000367.
You may copy and paste in your existing resume or let the software create a resume for you. You may edit your resume later should your contact information or experience change. The Resume Builder also collects your work preference information so we can match your with future job openings that meet your interests.
Application forms will be provided in alternative format to people with disabilities upon request to Inver Hills' Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator at email@example.com or (651) 450-8672; TTY (651) 450-8369.
If you have a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to participate in this selection process, please contact the Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator at HumanResources@inverhills.edu or (651) 450-8670; TTY (651) 450-8369.
Founded in 1970, Inver Hills is a comprehensive community college offering 20 degree options including the Associate in Arts (A.A.), a liberal education degree that leads to transfer to four-year colleges; the new Associate in Fine Art (A.F.A.) degree in studio arts; and the career-related Associate in Science (A.S.) and Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degrees in leading occupational areas such as nursing, paralegal, computer networking, law enforcement, human services, business, emergency health care, and more.
Located 10 minutes from downtown St. Paul, scenic Inver Hills Community College serves over 5000 students each semester. Recognized for adult experiential learning, Learning Communities, and its Center of Excellence for Access and Opportunity, Inver Hills is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) institution. We strive to reflect a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds among our administrators, faculty and staff.
Inver Hills is committed to quality improvement, Learning Communities, campus-wide assessment, innovative instruction, integrating technology in instruction, collaboration with Pre-K-12 for college readiness and access, and civic engagement.
We offer excellent benefits including health and dental insurance; paid annual and sick leave; defined benefit and defined contribution (401(a)) retirement plans; 457 and 403(b) retirement savings plans; and tuition waiver for employees and dependents.
Inver Hills Community College is an equal opportunity educator/employer. A member of the Minnesota State College and Universities System.