Saving Our Lives: Celebrating Ten Years of the Tretter Collection at the University of Minnesota
What: Exhibit: Saving Our Lives: Celebrating Ten Years of the Tretter Collection at the University of Minnesota
When: Monday, November 1, 2010 through Saturday, February 5, 2011
Where: Elmer L. Andersen Library
Free and open to the public
Join us for our celebration of the 10th anniversary of the arrival of the Jean-Nickolaus Tretter Collection in Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Studies at the University of Minnesota. This exhibit highlights the importance of preserving GLBT cultural heritage and the significant impact it can have on the lives of individuals and our community.
Exhibit Opening Reception
Friday, November 5, 2010 from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
"First Fridays" Special Presentation: noon to 1:00 p.m.
Community Open House
Saturday, November 13, 2010 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 pm.
Join us to tour the exhibit and to make history by contributing to the Tretter Time Capsule. Share something of yourself by donating a special item to the time capsule and by visiting the video recording station to share your story or reflection as a gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender person or ally!
- 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Minnesota Philharmonic Orchestra Chamber Group
- 12:30-1:00 p.m. Program featuring Jana Shortal, KARE 11 News Reporter
- Guided tours of archival caverns available throughout Open House
- Tretter Time Capsule: bring items to place in time capsule (Please see the Time Capsule contribution guidelines.)
- Video recording station: share your brief message for posterity!