Circulation Services provides access to library collections through processing materials, facilitating patron use of technology, and explaining HCL circulation policies to build confident, self-reliant users and fulfill Hennepin County Library’s mission to nourish minds, transform lives and build community together. The goal of this service area is to provide circulation and materials handling service that is responsive to our patrons needs by using research-based information when developing library services.
One semester, 4 - 6 hours per week, January 2012 – May 2012.
This is an unpaid position which could be for college credit or work experience.
Main work location is at the Ridgedale Library, 12601 Ridgedale Dr., Minnetonka, with some work at other library locations within Hennepin County.
Application Deadline: December 16, 2011
- Assist in the development of measures for evaluating workload to ensure accurate staffing resources.
- Coordinate the analysis of data from library circulation statistics.
- Understand, interpret and analyze data to present to stakeholders.
- Assist in literature and web-based reviews on issues of relevance.
- Create on-going process of assessment.
- Utilize best practices for assessment tools and processes.
Submit a resume and brief cover letter outlining your qualifications for this internship to:
Hennepin County Library - Ridgedale
12601 Ridgedale Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305