Educational Assistant - Media CenterPillsbury School Math/Science/Technology
2442 - Educational Assistant - Media Center
20 hr/wk, 41 weeks
FUNCTION: With supervision, assist licensed school personnel in a variety of school functions and locations aligned with The Standards of Effective Instructional Support for Educational Assistants.
- Completed 90 quarter or 60 semester college credits, and/or AA degree required.
- Attends mandatory Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) trainings within one year of being hired for the position and maintain a current expiration date on the CPI card by taking annual refresher classes.
- Training and experience in the use of computers and other technology equipment related to the position, MAC and/or PC based systems.
- Knowledge of related educational programs and the school community.
- School environment; may involve lifting up to 50 pounds and the ability to sit, walk, and/or stand for extended periods of time, both indoors and outdoors.
- Media Assistant working with technology & organization of materials.
- Establishes positive relationships with students and acts as a role model for appropriate social skills and behavior in all situations.
- Assists staff in the management of student behavior by applying proactive strategies when dealing with students’ behaviors. Implements district approved techniques for verbal de-escalation, personal safety, and safe physical restraints. Assumes safety responsibilities for students in all environments.
- Collaborates and works cooperatively, as a team member, with colleagues, staff, and community representatives.
- Follows written and oral instructions, and independently follows through on teacher directed programming/strategies.
- Supports the District’s position of valuing diversity and promoting respect.
- Maintains professional district Educational Assistant competencies by attending mandatory in-services and workshops, and in self-selected professional growth activities as related to the individual Professional Development Plan (PDP).
- Assumes safety responsibilities for students when providing community-based instruction and vocational training, i.e. field trips.
- Performs prescribed instructional strategies with individuals and/or small groups, which accommodate differences in developmental levels and learning styles.
- Documents student progress or behavior.
- Supervises and monitors groups of students; and maintains discipline and order in halls, lunchrooms, buses, playgrounds, classrooms, and/or other social settings.
- Assists licensed staff in preparing instructional, informational and referral materials as requested.
- Meets District’s standards for employee performance and attendance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Sara Muench / firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Specialist/Pillsbury Elementary
Minneapolis Public Schools
METHOD OF APPLICATION: All applicants, including MPS employees, must complete an on-line application at www.mpls.k12.mn.us (click on employment). In addition, upload an electronic copy of both your cover letter and resume to your application at the time that you apply. Make sure that you apply for the specific position in which you are interested. Only complete applications, which include all of the following items, will be considered:
- Cover Letter
- On-Line Application
Position Title: Educational Assistant - Media Center
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee.
Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability or status with regard to public assistance.