Library: Hennepin County Library - Minneapolis Central
Closing Date: 4/29/16
Job Type: Internship
Location: Hennepin County Library - Minneapolis Central, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN
The Position: The Preservation team with Hennepin County Library plays a vital role in ensuring the long-term viability of the Library's print collections through repair and restoration measures, bookbinding and other preservation methods. We also perform a consulting function to staff on preservation-related matters.
This unpaid internship is for one semester June - August 2016, 6-10 hours per week. Hours are available Monday - Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. It can be used for college credit or work experience.
Primary Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Preservation bookbinding.
- Construction of preservation enclosures.
- Simple mending.
- General processing including some clerical work.
- Attention to detail and excellent manual dexterity.
- Not had an internship with Hennepin County Library in the past.
- Coursework and/or experience in book preservation helpful.
Hennepin County Library - Ridgedale
12601 Ridgedale Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305