The official blog for students enrolled in the Minneapolis Community & Technical College Library Information Technology Program. This blog is designed to keep students up to date about what is going on in the program and to provide links to information in the field of library and information studies.
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
MN Job Posting: Immediate FT Temporary Library Tech
Immediate FT Temporary Library Tech Needed for Maternity Leave Coverage at Hennepin Tech in Brooklyn Park, MN!
"I have attached a position description for the Library Tech temp opening. The hours would be Monday – Thursday from 12:00 – 8:30 and on Friday from 7:30 – 4 at the Hennepin Technical College, Brooklyn Park Campus. Current tech is due on the October 24th, I would like to have training October 10thand 11thfrom 12:00 – 8:30 in case she delivers early. The temp position would run through December 16th.
Contact me via email or phone, with any questions or to schedule an interview!"
Hennepin Technical College
* Working knowledge of library classification system(s) and standard library reference tools sufficient to assist clients in locating
materials and conducting research.
* Apply and support detailed coding or cataloging systems sufficient to create tracking for new print and non-print library
acquisitions and locate and replace existing materials.
* Operate personal computers, use various software and web-based applications, and other office equipment sufficient to locate
catalog information, word-process documents, complete forms and prepare reports.
* Communicate effectively orally and in writing sufficient to determine and respond to the informational needs of clients of varied
educational levels and backgrounds; to train, direct and evaluate work of student clerical staff; and to assist the professional
library staff to maintain the library collection according to library policy and procedures.
* Certificate, diploma, or degree in Library/Information Service
* Demonstrated professional, friendly, and helpful customer service skills
* Knowledge of Library operating procedures.
* Library of Congress classification knowledge.
* Ability to train others in use of library resources
* Ability to mentor patrons in basic computer skills (MAC, PC, and A/V)
* Broad-based general education sufficient to tutor students and assist them in developing guidelines and goals.