LAC Group seeks a Library Cataloging Clerk for a retrospective card catalog conversion project at a government agency in Washington, DC. This a full-time contract position. The Clerk will be transcribing bibliographic data into MARC records in an online integrated library system. Must be extremely detail oriented and be able to meet quality and production deadlines. Full compensation and benefits package provided. Must be a U.S. Citizen in order to be considered.
- Must have two years of cataloging experience
- Two or more years experience creating, revising and/or updating bibliographic records in MARC format
- Familiarity with MARC format, cataloging rules
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- 4-year Degree preferred
- Must be able to successfully test for MARC knowledge, typing speed, and typing accuracy as part of the interview process
- Experience using an Integrated Library System (ILS) highly preferred
To Apply: In order to be considered please apply via this link: http://bit.ly/CatalogingClerkDC
To view all of our open opportunities please visit: http://careers.lac-group.com/ LAC Group is an EOE/AA Employer who values diversity in the workplace.