Recruitment #: 6022-38
Salary: $23.62 to $29.04 per hour
Deadline to apply: November 5, 2010
The Multnomah County Library in Portland, Oregon is seeking applicants for a full-time Acquisitions Coordinator position. This position will oversee the daily operations of the Acquisitions Unit (4.5 FTE) who are responsible for the acquisition of library materials, including firm orders, vendor plans, standing orders, and subscriptions. This position will ensure the efficient, prompt and timely flow of ordering, receiving, invoice payment, and following-up on outstanding orders.
Requires two years of experience with acquisitions operations in a large library setting. Must have two years of experience with integrated library systems, especially related to acquisitions functions. Supervision experience and familiarity with fund accounting and budgeting practices are preferred. Experience acquiring and managing serial publications is desirable.
Qualified applicants must have the following experience in order to be considered for this position:
- Demonstrated knowledge of library acquisitions business practices
- Experience acquiring library materials in multiple formats (print, digital and media)
- Experience with Innovative Interfaces Millennium system in a Technical Services environment
- Detailed knowledge of publishing trends and library vendors
- Experience with current industry standards for library acquisitions file sharing and data transmission
Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field is required. A Master's degree in Library Science is preferred.
For more information about this position or to apply, please visit our website at www.multcojobs.org.