Branch Librarian I, Location Pine City: Pine City is one of 14 branches of the East Central Regional Library system. The mission of ECRL is: Connecting and strengthening communities through the power of knowledge.
- Responsibilities: Oversee operation of a small branch library. The Branch Librarian is assisted by 3 Branch Aides who work a total of 27.5 hours. The branch is open 5 days per week (Tues-Sat) for a total of 40 hours. Branch service statistics for 2011 recorded an average of 5,100 checkouts per month and 4,060 visitors per month. The branch was complete renovated a year ago and re-opened in February 2011. Pine City has excellent community support with an active Friends group and Foundation.
- Required: Bachelors Degree; Up to date technology skills; 2 years relevant experience.
- Preferred: MLS, MLIS, or Minnesota Certification.
- Skills and Abilities: Commitment to providing modern public library service; Above average communication skills; Excellent customer service skills; Demonstrated ability and willingness to lead a library team of staff and volunteers.
- Compensation: $13.45 per hour; PTO, Health Insurance, PERA.
- How to apply: ECRL application form is required. An application form is on the ECRL website under the About ECRL > Jobs tabs. Additionally: Submit statement, not to exceed 2 pages, addressing the following: What is your vision for public library service for the next 3 years and how will you lead the Pine City branch team to carry out your vision?
- Review of applications: Begins February 21, 2012. Remains open until position is filled.
- Submit application to: Director, East Central Regional Library, 244 S. Birch St, Cambridge MN 55008. Also submit digital copy to bmisselt @ ecrlib.org.