The Preservation team with Hennepin County Library plays a vital role in ensuring the long-term viability of the Library’s print collections through repair and restoration measures, book binding and other preservation methods. Preservation also performs a consulting function to staff on preservation matters.
Primary Duties and responsibilities include:
- Preservation bookbinding
- Construction of preservation enclosures for library materials
- Simple mending of library materials
- General processing of library materials including some clerical work
- Candidate must have attention to detail and good manual dexterity.
- Coursework and/or experience in book preservation helpful.
- Have not had an internship with Hennepin County Library in the past.
Submit a resume, brief cover letter outlining your qualifications for this internship, and contact information for two references to:
Hennepin County Library - Ridgedale
12601 Ridgedale Drive