Thursday, November 8, 2012
IL Job Posting - Tech Support Specialist
Media Commons Technology Support Specialist
University of Illinois Library at Urbana-Champaign
Position Available: Position available immediately. This is a 100%-time, twelve-month appointment Academic Professional position.
Duties and Responsibilities: The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks an innovative, collaborative, and service-oriented professional for the position of Media Commons Technology Manager. Creativity, risk-taking, and a desire to explore the intersection of new technologies and classroom learning are essential for this position. This position is a key contributor to the Media Commons’ mission of teaching students content creation and digital literacy skills that are critical for academic success. The Media Commons Technology Support Specialist investigates the development of web design, applications, training, and related technology support that focus on the creation, storage, and use of media in teaching and course-related activities. Reporting to the Media Commons Coordinator the Media Commons Technology Support Specialist:
· Identifies and evaluates technology solutions to meet curricular and Library programming needs of the Media Commons;
· Consults with library faculty and key campus IT personnel on the implementation and execution of the Media Commons’ technology programs, facilities, and teaching programs;
· Designs web-based access systems and storage to support undergraduate students’ curricular requirements in the creation, dissemination, use, and curation of digital media;
· Pursues professional development activities to expand knowledge and to maintain current with best practices for implementing new technology in support of digital literacy;
· Teaches workshops for staff and students related to use of Media Commons technology;
· Investigates methodologies and best practices for creating, promoting, and disseminating student-authored content;
· Analyzes data and findings related to Media Commons’ programming to assist in formulating policy and determining strategic direction.
Qualifications: Required: Bachelor’s degree; experience developing, producing and editing video, and other media and digital applications or similar products; experience developing websites, including use of scripting languages; experience providing group or one-on-one training; excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with a variety of staff and user groups; successful experience working in a collaborative environment. See https://jobs.illinois.edu for Preferred
Salary and Rank: Salary commensurate with credentials and experience.
To ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, and contact information including email addresses for three professional references. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For questions, please call: 217-333-8169.
Deadline: In order to ensure full consideration, applications and nominations must be received by Monday, November 26, 2012. Interviews may occur before the closing date; however, no decisions will be made prior to the closing date.
Illinois is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
Lori Mestre, Ed.D; M.A.L.S.
Head, Undergraduate Library
245 Undergraduate Library MC-522
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign