invites applications for
Cultural Liaison – African American
INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB OPENING:
Performs intermediate level technical work promoting library services to African American audiences, as well as targeted communities of color including immigrant communities. Facilitates and delivers library services with a focus on programs that contribute to children's literacy development and school readiness as well as programs for adults such as job searching, and digital literacy. Provides direct services in English and/or a language other than English such as leading English language learning, providing translation and interpretation services, delivering cultural competency training to Saint Paul Public Library staff and the public. Improves the effectiveness of Library communication with communities of color by developing and maintaining key contacts within the Communities. Serves as an internal consultant regarding specific communities of color to Saint Paul Public Library staff.
Must have computer literacy and meet one of the following:
- A bachelor's degree.
- Two years of college (60 semester credits) and two years of reference and referral library services experience.
- A Certificate in Urban Library Services or equivalent certification and one year of library services experience.
- Four years of experience in a social service agency providing direct client service and one year of library services experience.
- Four years of experience in a social service agency providing direct client service plus 12 college semester credits.
- Experience in a social service agency providing direct client service.
- Experience working with youth.
- Experience working with adults.
- Experience teaching.