Monday, February 29, 2016
Metropolitan State University Library Technician Position (Full-Time)
METROPOLITAN STATE UNIVERSITY, a vibrant and growing public, urban university, is seeking to fill a full-time, twelve-month Technical Services Technician position within the Library and Learning Center, beginning April 2016.
· This position will provide day-to-day implementation and assistance of technical services at Metropolitan State University Library.
· Assist Cataloging & Acquisitions Librarian with the ordering and receiving of resources.
· Assist Cataloging & Acquisitions Librarian with the cataloging of new and gift materials.
· Assist E-Resources Librarian with physical and electronic journals.
· Contribute to the maintenance of the library’s electronic resources collection and website.
· Hires, trains and manages student worker(s) in the technical services area.
· Working knowledge of library systems (e.g. ALEPH, OCLC) and basic library operations (e.g. acquisitions, serials).
· Proficiency with personal computer applications (e.g. word processing, database and spreadsheet applications).
· Problem solving ability.
· Ability to carry out tasks with minimal supervision and follow through in a timely manner.
· Works well independently and as part of a team.
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Effective written and oral communication skills.
· Knowledge of standard MARC bibliographic record
· Familiarity with current trends, standards, and emerging technologies in libraries.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Two years of experience working in a library.
· Experience in copy cataloging and classification of library materials using Library of Congress classification, Library of Congress (LC) subject headings, machine-readable cataloging (MARC) records, Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules 2 (AACR2), or RDA.
· Experience using HTML, CSS, and/or content management systems.
Application: To apply, go to State of Minnesota Employment site: http://mn.gov/mmb/careers/ Applications must be received by 11:59 PM on Closing Date: Wednesday, March 9, 2016.
If you need help submitting your online application, please contact NEO GOV @ 1-855-524-5627 for technical assistance.
For TTY, call Minnesota Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) at 7-1-1 or 1-800-627-3529.
If you have other questions related to this job announcement, please contact Human Resources, Recruitment, Search & Selection Specialist, Jody (Mary) Anderson at 651.793.1811. TTY users call 651.772.7687.