The library is seeking detail oriented, technology savvy individuals to fill several work-study positions. Individuals with past experience in libraries and/or customer services will be considered.
- Staffing circulation desk, library computer lab and 2nd floor information desk
- Providing accurate information about library and campus services
- Providing occasional technology assistance (computers, printers/copiers)
- Shelf reading
- Data entry type tasks using library software
- Currently enrolled student at MCTC
- Previous employment in customer service
- Ability to communicate clearly, with confidence and accuracy
- Ability to search for and locate resources using library catalog and call numbers
- Ability to follow directions
- Familiarity with campus student resources/departments
- Enrollment in Library Information Technology program (LIT)
- Completion of Information Studies (INFS) 1000 or similar college level information literacy course
- Previous employment in a library or bookstore
Job begins Summer Term (May 29) 2012
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A POSITION WITH THE WORK STUDY PROGRAM, STUDENTS MUST:
- Register for a student account at: www.minneapolis.edu/jobbanks.cfm
- Create a resume and upload it in the MCTC job bank. If you need assistance with writing a resume setup an appointment with career services 612-659-6700 or attend a resume critique hour Thursdays 10-11am, T2500
- Log into the job bank with your email and password that you received via email and select “work study” for the position type to find the current openings in the jobs and internships section.
- Follow the directions on how to apply.