Hennepin County Library
Commitment: Summer 2012 June – August 10 – 12 hours a week for 120 hours; Tuesday - Thursday afternoons and evenings. Saturdays are available as well.
Wage: This is an unpaid position which could be for college credit or work experience. [MCTC does not offer the LIBT internship over the summer, so this would be for work experience only]
Location: Webber Park Library, 4310 Webber Parkway, Minneapolis
Application Deadline: April 23, 2012
- In conjunction with library staff, plan and deliver summer programming focusing on children birth to 11 and their caregivers.
- Develop creative and engaging projects and activities to enhance learning and literacy in a drop-in environment.
- Create a safe, respectful, and literacy-rich learning environment in the children’s
- Establish supportive relationships with youth and their caregivers.
- Keep accurate records of participation and prepare reports of activities.
Applicants must be a student completing a bachelor's or master's degree.
Successful candidates will be creative, reliable, patient, adaptable, and possess the ability to approach and engage students on a one-to-one basis. Candidates will also possess a strong commitment to literacy and libraries.
Send cover letter outlining qualifications for this position resume and contact information for two references to:
Hennepin County Library - Ridgedale
12601 Ridgedale Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305