Job Title: Library Technician
Department: 007100 - HIM
Facility: North Memorial Medical Center
Employment Type: Part-Time (Regular)
Scheduled Hours/pp: 24
Variable Shift Start-End Time?: No
Weekend Requirement: None
Call Requirement: None
Union Code: Non Contract - NM
License Requirements: None Specified
• Previous experience in a medical library preferred.
• Experience with medical terminology desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office.
• Basic knowledge of library databases.
• Strong interpersonal skills, capable of interacting with diverse individuals and groups.
• Minimum of two years post-secondary education
• Baccalaureate degree preferred
Job Description: The Library Technician works under the direction of the Medical Librarian to meet the information needs of North Memorial physicians, employees, leaders, patients and their families, and affiliated students through a variety of methods of delivery and access. The Library Technician contributes to the provision of information services to support the clinical and business operations of North Memorial.