Friday, October 17, 2014
MN Job Posting: Public Services Manager
Work Title: Public Services Manager
Posting Closing Date: 10/24/2014
Position Classification: Office Services Supervisor 2
Bargaining Unit: MMA 216
Employment Condition: Full-time, Unlimited, Exempt
Office: St. Paul Campus, Library Services
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 7:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. (hours may vary and also may include nights, weekends, holidays.)
This position performs professional and supervisory library work involving the management of day-to-day activities related to the circulation of library materials, provision of computer support to library patrons, and access to library services at Metropolitan State University. The position supervises classified staff in Public Services (Circulation, Information Commons, and Interlibrary Loan).
Minimum Position Qualifications:
* Bachelor’s degree with three years of managerial/supervisory experience for a substantial number of full-time employees or Master’s degree in Library Science with three years professional library experience.
* Customer service experience in a library.
* Ability to work independently and collegially in a stimulating and rapidly changing environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; excellent interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of and commitment to serving a culturally, ethnically, and linguistically diverse clientele.
* Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent combination of experience and education.
* Strong grounding in common library principles.
* Academic library experience.
* Supervisory experience in a union environment.
* Experience with the Aleph 500 library system.
* Experience with Interlibrary Loan operations.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office.
Salary Range: $19.56 - $28.27 hourly, $40,841 - $59,028 annually (Based on experience & qualifications)
Applications will only be accepted through the State of Minnesota Employment site at www.careers.state.mn.us from October 9, 2014 until October 24, 2014.