|Job Title:||Cultural Liaison - African American|
|Closing Date/Time:||Tue. 04/21/15 4:30 PM Central Time|
$19.13 - $25.78 Hourly
|Job Type:||Part Time|
|Location:||Saint Paul, Minnesota|
The Saint Paul Public Library (SPPL) is seeking an individual who has cultural connection to the African American community in Saint Paul. This position is a half time, grant funded position for two years, through spring 2017.
Performs intermediate level technical work promoting library services to targeted communities of color including immigrant communities. Facilitates and delivers library services with a focus on programs that contribute to children’s literacy development and school readiness as well as programs for adults such as job searching, and digital literacy. Provides direct services in English and/or a language other than English such as leading English language learning, providing translation and interpretation services, and delivering cultural competency training to Saint Paul Public Library staff and the public. Improves the effectiveness of Library communication with communities of color by developing and maintaining key contacts within the Communities. Serves as an internal consultant regarding specific communities of color to Saint Paul Public Library staff.
Essential Functions are the functions that the individual holding the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation. The Essential Functions are identified in the Supplemental Information section of the Cultural Liaison Job Description.
Must have computer literacy and meet one of the following:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of college (60 semester credits) and two years of reference and referral library services experience.
- A Certificate in Urban Library Services or equivalent certification and one year of library services experience.
- Four years of experience in a social service agency providing direct client service and one year of library services experience.
- Four years of experience in a social service agency providing direct client service plus 12 college semester credits.
- Experience in a social service agency providing direct client service.
- Experience working with youth.
- Experience working with adults.
- Experience teaching.