The Office Manager is an integral member of the seven-person MELSA staff. The candidate must be an organized, efficient self-starter capable of working effectively with staff and with members of MELSA's two boards (the Board of Trustees and the Advisory Board), MELSA teams and interest groups, building management, and various vendors.
While the Office Manager's primary duties are providing administrative support to the MELSA Boards and supporting the functions of the MELSA office, there is a wide range of duties involved.
HOURS: 30 Hours per Week, Monday-Friday
SALARY RANGE: $44,357- $69,308/annum
LOCATION: 1619 Dayton Ave. St. Paul, MN 55104-1849
CLOSE DATE: 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 8, 2015
• Associates Degree or two years of technical training in Office Administration or similar field, AND
• Three to five years progressively responsible experience in office administration.
• Or, an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS BEYOND MINIMUM REQUIRED:
• Experience working with public library systems in Minnesota or other States/Territories
• Experience working with Governing and/or Advisory Library Boards
- Arrange and implement all aspects for Board meetings (assembling and distributing board packets, reserving/setting up meeting space, ordering meals, etc.).
- Attend Board meetings and record and transcribe meeting minutes.
- Attend/support other MELSA team and interest group meetings as needed.
- Prepare a variety of statistical reports.
- Develop and maintain historical files.
- Handle administrative tasks such as working with the delivery service, ordering supplies, managing the office supply budget, and sorting mail.
- Work with office equipment vendors/service providers to maintain phones, postage meter, fax machines, printers, etc.
- Answer phones and relay messages, providing courteous and informed answers to inquiries (or routing inquiries to appropriate staff), and serve as the point of contact for visitors to the MELSA office.