This list represents the primary duties and responsibilities of the position and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Supervise Processing Area staff (currently Processing staff includes one Shelving Supervisor, one Processing Technician, three Library Assistants, and two Labeling Clerks).
- Set daily assignments and priorities for all staff in processing area.
- Provide oversight for Belfor reinstatement portion of the project.
- Coordinate processing with both Cataloging and Acquisitions Teams.
- Provide oversight for Government Documents sorting, shelving, and basic inventory of items being withdrawn from the collection.
- Train new Processing staff members and ensure their following of established procedures.
- Provide ongoing quality control (QC) to ensure that all processed materials accurately follow our client's processing documentation.
- Trouble-shoot problems, and handle difficult or problematic items including obtaining and implementing judgments as to best practices for unique items.
- Perform standard processing and/or labeling tasks to maintain workflow, as is necessary.
- Provide semi-monthly reports to LAC Project Manager regarding work and progress made by Processing Area staff.
- Write and maintain procedure manuals for assigned special projects and for specific tasks.
- Prepare shipments to HTML and oversee remote shelving.
- Participate in meetings with our client's principal points of contact, as needed, with regards to updates on the Processing Area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a library setting performing tasks related to circulation, shelving, or physical processing.
- Prior supervisory experience, and an effective management style.
- Prior experience training and orienting employees.
- Ability to use metrics effectively and to link staff duties to project goals.
- Ability to work in a production-driven environment with constantly shifting priorities and demands.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Voyager or other library integrated system (ILS).
- Knowledge of Dewey, LC, and SuDoc classification schemes.
- Experience in an academic library.
- Please send resume and cover letter to LAC Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please use "Processing Supervisor #1347" as the Subject field of your email.
- Please let us know where you saw our opportunity. To view all our open positions, please visit: www.libraryassociates.com.
Patty De Anda Gates
Communications & Projects Associate
323.302.9439 - direct
323.852.1083 - main
323.852.1093 - fax
Patty on Facebook
LAC / Library Associates Companies, 6500 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 2240, Los Angeles, CA 90048