Hennepin County Library
Outreach promotes the use of the library by the nontraditional or under-served user through the development and support of programs and services.
The Outreach Department’s goal is to bring the experience of the library and its resources to the community - in their homes, senior living facilities, rehabilitation centers, the correctional facilities of the county and through events held at the library.
One semester, 4 to 8 hours per week, beginning January 2010.
This is an unpaid position which could be for college credit or work experience.
Main work location is at the Ridgedale Library, 12601 Ridgedale Dr., Minnetonka, with some work in Downtown Minneapolis at the Juvenile Detention Center, in Plymouth at the Adult Correctional Facility, and in Minnetonka at the County Home School.
December 11, 2009.
Duties may include the following:
- Assist at outreach events aimed at first generation library users
- Assist in classifying / organizing Adult Correctional Facility collection
- Assist in compiling and analyzing data for Adult Correctional Facility programs and Deposit Collection booktalking program
- Assist in creating documents for use in Large Print book club kits, including writing book discussion questions
- Assist in implementation of resource workshops at Adult Correctional Facility
- Assist in the creation, implementation and evaluation of a reading interest survey for use with the Deposit Collection sites, at the Adult Correctional Facility, and at the County Home School
- Assist in weekly filling of information requests from Adult Correctional Facility
- Plan, develop, and implement a book discussion group at the Adult Correctional Facility (women's) and District 287 (teens)
- Plan, develop, and implement a project of interest related to Outreach
Intern must have taken at least one class in collection development, information services or public libraries.
To Apply and For Questions:
Submit a resume and brief cover letter outlining your qualifications for this internship to:
- OR -
Hennepin County Library - Ridgedale
12601 Ridgedale Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305
For more information contact Patrick Jones at email@example.com or (952) 847-8859.