Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Library Technician Job - Albuquerque, NM
Job Posting: A1109-22
Library Technician - Serials
Under the supervision of the Technical Services Librarian, the Serials Technician will be responsible for the daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly maintenance of print serial subscriptions for all CNM campus library collections, as well as maintain all Interlibrary Loan (ILL) activities.
Serials management activities include: daily check-in of magazines, journals, and newspapers; process claims for missing items; communicate with vendors to resolve subscription issues; process all incoming correspondence regarding subscriptions; physically process serials (includes stamping, applying stickers and security measures, and removing inserts); develop the serials collection by working with other Library staff, as well as other members of the CNM community; coordinate the yearly renewal of subscriptions; maintain and supervise the shelving and storage of print serials; and catalog new serial titles.
ILL functions include: make continuous improvements to our growing ILL program via the ILLiad client; process borrowing, lending, and document delivery requests; and communicate with patrons and other libraries regarding ILL requests. Assist with the supervision of two student employees. Other duties related to serials, ILL, or Library activities may be assigned.
· Associate's degree from an accredited institution and 1 year experience related to libraries (or similarly-related experience); or an equivalent combination of education and experience (three-years related experience and education).
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Ability to communicate effectively via e-mail, phone, and in-person with Library users, co-workers, and supervisors
· Demonstrated attention to detail
· Experience working with library serials
· Experience working with Innovative Interfaces Inc. integrated library system
· Experience with interlibrary loan programs, specifically using ILLiad
· Knowledge of CNM policies and procedures
· Ability to work independently, as well as part of team
· Ability to adapt well to change
· Desire to learn and use new technologies or work flows
· Ability to relate to and interact with a non-traditional, diverse employee population.
Technical Services Librarian
525 Buena Vista SE
Albuquerque, NM 87106505-224-3275 - phone