- Pull media (reels, DATs, CDs) from the archive, enter the item’s information into a database, attaching any relevant scans and images to the record
- Ensure information is captured with attention to detail and consistency
- Understand various metadata standards (PB Core, Dublin Core)
- Document and report anomalies to Inventory Manager
- Track your work and report your progress to the Inventory Manager
- Understanding of the importance of metadata application, the need for preservation of cultural heritage and a desire to accurately represent the item in an inventory
- Demonstrated experience working in large collections
- Experience processing collections, particularly data entry
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
- Reach with hands and arms
- Balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
Relocation allowance is not available. Parking or bus pass reimbursed. More information about American Public Media is available online: www.americanpublicmedia.org
Please contactJenel Farrell email@example.com ASAP with your interest in this position.