This unpaid internship is for the duration of one semester, September 2012 – December 2012, 8-16 hours per week and can be used for college credit or work experience.
Primary Duties and responsibilities include:
- Update descriptions of existing collections.
- Create metadata using Archivist's Toolkit.
- Digitize using scanners and/or digital editing software.
- Preserve work using enclosures and other treatments.
- Develop archival storage, such as refoldering and labeling.
- Have some archival work experience and/or education in archival studies or librarianship.
- Experience in digital preservation and/or metadata creation helpful.
- Education or knowledge of local history helpful.
- Strong computer skills
- Available weekday business hours.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Have not had an internship with Hennepin County Library in the past.
Hennepin County Library - Ridgedale
12601 Ridgedale Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305