The Minnesota Digital Library's 9th Annual Meeting will be held June 6 at the Continuing Education & Conference Center, University of Minnesota, St. Paul Campus. Registration will begin at 8:45 AM, and the welcome session and keynote speaker will begin at 9:15 AM.
This year's keynote speaker will be Michelle Gallinger, Library of Congress. Gallinger is a part of the National Digital Information Infrastructure Preservation Program (NDIIPP) and is helping to build the National Digital Stewardship Alliance. In her keynote, she will discuss the status of these and other national digital preservation initiatives, share lessons she has learned from these collaborations, and provide a look ahead at the challenges and concerns of digital preservation.
The keynote will be followed by three concurrent sessions in three different time slots. Here's a list of the session titles:
· "Metadata in Minnesota Reflections"
· "Planning a Minnesota Reflections Project: Oral Histories"
· "Copyright Concepts and Discussion" (2 sessions)
· "Teacher Guides to Minnesota Reflections: An Outreach Initiative"
· "MDL and Digital Preservation: Prototype and Progress"
· "Planning a Minnesota Reflections Project: Working with Vendors"
· "Moving Newspaper Access to a Digital Platform"
· "Planning a Minnesota Reflections Project: A Show-and-Tell Presentation"
There is no registration fee for this year's MDL annual meeting, but there is a fee for parking.
View full session descriptions and registration information at the Minnesota Digital Library website.