Library Outreach Services Internship
Hennepin County Library
Outreach promotes the use of the library by the nontraditional or under-served user through the development and support of programs and services.
The goal is to bring the experience of the library and its resources to the community - in their homes, senior living facilities, rehabilitation centers, the correctional facilities of the county and through events held at the library.
One semester, 4 to 8 hours per week, September 2011 to December 2011.
This is an unpaid position which could be for college credit or work experience.
Main work location is at the Ridgedale Library, 12601 Ridgedale Dr., Minnetonka, with some work in Downtown Minneapolis at the Juvenile Detention Center, in Plymouth at the Adult Correctional Facility, and in Minnetonka at the County Home School.
August 19, 2011
Duties may include the following:
· Provide direct information services working at the At Home phoneline
· Assist in classifying / organizing Adult Correctional Facility collection
· Assist in compiling and analyzing data for Adult Correctional Facility programs and
Deposit Collection booktalking program
· Assist in creating documents for use in Large Print book club kits, including writing
book discussion questions
· Assist with Read to Me, a family literacy program, at the Adult Correctional Facility
· Assist in the creation, implementation and evaluation of a reading interest survey
for use with the Deposit Collection sites, at the Adult Correctional Facility, and at
· Assist in weekly filling of information requests from Adult Correctional Facility the
County Home School
· Plan, develop, and implement a book discussion group at the Adult Correctional
Facility (women's) and District 287 (teens)
· Plan, develop, and implement a project of interest related to Outreach
Candidate must currently be enrolled in a library program or a recent library school graduate. Applicant must have completed coursework in reference / information services. Candidate has not completed an internship with Hennepin County Library in the past.
To Apply and For Questions:
Submit a resume and brief cover letter outlining your qualifications for this internship to:
Hennepin County Library - Ridgedale
12601 Ridgedale Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305