Thursday, March 14, 2013
MN Job Posting - Library Associate
Macalester College is seeking a Library Associate for Technical Services & Interlibrary Loan. The Library Associate assists in providing expertise in basic cataloging, resource management, acquisitions duties and collection maintenance. In addition, this person performs Interlibrary Loan duties.
1. A minimum of 2 years cataloging and/or ILL experience in an academic library preferred.
2. Bachelor's degree is required.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of accepted national cataloging standards and practices. Knowledge of best practices and trends in the profession and in area of expertise.
4. Assesses operations and services on an ongoing basis to provide reports and to develop innovative services and process improvements.
5. Outstanding organizational, project management, and problem solving skills. Strives for continuous process and service improvement.
6. Experienced with standard computing applications for productivity and communication. Experienced with specialized library systems. Ability to adopt, implement and teach new technologies and library systems. Proficient with an online cataloging and serials system, online library catalogs, the LC Classification and Subject Headings. Familiar with automated cataloging tools.
7. Ability to document core policies and procedures.
8. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to work effectively and creatively in a dynamic team environment.
9. Proficiency with at least one foreign language preferred.
Collection Development & Discovery:
• Assists with basic cataloging, resource management, acquisitions, and collection maintenance duties.
• Ensures integrity of library's online catalog database as well as other resource management systems (e.g. E-Resources Management System), coordinating work with our local consortium and national network of libraries.
• Attention to detail, high level of accuracy, and ability to perform work in timely manner based on local and industry standards as well as library and community demands.
• Develops policies and procedures in collaboration with colleagues and staff from our local consortium.
• May assist with directing student employee workflow and training.
• Provides daily interlibrary loan support on a wide variety of ILL tasks.
• Assists with additional assigned interlibrary loan support tasks routinely performed by students and other staff during break and other periods when adequate student help is not available, or when other staff are away.
• Processes interlibrary loan requests utilizing our current online systems (ILLIAD, OCLC, CLICnet, and MNLink) with attention to detail, a high level of accuracy, and ability to perform work in a timely manner based on local and industry standards and library as well as community demands.
The position will remain opened but only applicants received by 3/25/13 will be assured consideration. Applicants must be authorized to work in the US upon employment start date.
For a full job description and to apply online go to: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/
CH01/ats/careers/requisition. jsp?org=MACALESTER&cws=1&rid= 397
Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.