Job Type: Internship
James K. Hosmer Special Collections Department,
Minneapolis Central Library, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Process and describe archival collections under staff supervision. Interns will gain experience working with all aspects of archival processing. Some work with digitization is also possible.
This unpaid internship is for the duration of one semester, September - December 2013, 8-16 hours per week and can be used for college credit or work experience.
- Processing newly accessioned archival collections or improving descriptions of existing collections
- Metadata creation using Archivist's Toolkit
- Digitiza/tion using scanners and/or digital editing software
- Preservation work using enclosures and other treatments
- Archival storage development, such as refoldering, labeling, etc.
- Be currently enrolled in a library program or be a recent library school graduate
- Be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Have completed coursework in Archival Studies
- Have not completed an internship with Hennepin County Library in the past
Closing Date: 4/12/13
To Apply:Submit a resume, brief cover letter outlining your qualifications for this internship, and contact information for two references to:
Hennepin County Library -
Ridgedale12601 Ridgedale Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305