Opening Date/Time: Tue. 03/22/16 12:00 AM Central Time
Closing Date/Time: Tue. 04/05/16 11:59 PM Central Time
Salary: $16.62 - $20.77 Hourly
Job Type: Part Time-Benefits
There are two openings for this position:
Prior Lake: 20 hours per week
Shakopee: 26 hours per week
The Library Associate is key to creating exceptional customer experiences. Welcomes customers to the library and proactively assists customers through various aspects of using the library. Performs all circulation functions; assists customers with library accounts; provides basic technology support and instruction for customers and library staff; and performs other duties as required by the needs of service. Hours and location of work may vary to best serve the needs of library customers; incumbents may work in multiple library facilities.
Requires equivalency of two years post-secondary education (bachelor's degree preferred). Preference given to applicants with previous library or customer service experience. Must possess a valid class D driver's license. The incumbent shall provide a reliable means of transportation for the performance of work responsibilities.
- Ensures exceptional service by engaging customers to determine the purpose of the visit and guiding them to resources that meet their needs.
- Assists customers through various aspects of using the library, including the public access catalog, Internet stations, library materials, printers, copiers, self-checkout, etc.
- Performs circulation related tasks, including checking materials in and out, renewing materials, placing holds, MnLINK requests; assists customers with library accounts, including processing applications, verifying information, accepting payment, renewing, etc.
- Provides technology troubleshooting for public; provides technology support and instruction for public and library staff.
- Assists with daily branch operation and service delivery, including planning and delivering programs; responding to customer concerns and disputes; answering directional and basic informational questions; performing collection maintenance tasks; and providing general assistance to Librarians and Branch Manager.
- Participates in job related meetings, training sessions, and events as required, including community outreach efforts such as parades, showcases, etc.
- Works the hours and/or shifts assigned and begins and ends work on time.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.