Fredrikson & Byron
Fredrikson & Byron, a large law firm in downtown Minneapolis, has an immediate opening for a part-time Library Clerk. The primary responsibilities of this position include assisting the Technical Services and Electronic Resources Librarians with various projects; acting as a back-up to the Library Assistant for basic library maintenance duties; and updating the physical collection. The job will be 15-17 hours per week. The days and times of work performed are somewhat flexible (no evenings or weekends), but need to be consistent from week to week.
We offer a competitive hourly rate, coaching from a seasoned team, and a very collegial work environment. Fredrikson & Byron is a seven time Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal’s Best Places to Work honoree.
Assist Technical Services Librarian and Electronic Resources Librarian with special projects, including but not limited to:
- Serials weeding and retention
- Resource inventory
- Adding meta data to electronic resource records
- Sort and organize mail
- Check-in and process new issues of subscriptions and serials
- Check-in and process newly acquired library materials
- Shelve, file and straighten books, periodicals, newsletters, etc. in the main
- library collection and satellite team resource rooms
- Retrieve and return Hennepin County Law Library and/or Hennepin County Public Library materials
- Perform filing of loose-leaf, pocket part and serials updates (3-6 hours per week).
Candidates should have or are working towards a Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree. College coursework in library science preferred. Candidates must be able to lift and carry library equipment and materials up to 40 pounds and must be able to reach or bend to retrieve materials on low or high shelves. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail also required.
More Information and to apply: https://rew31.ultipro.com/FRE1007/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*4D7D72F14226DD4F