Closing Date: 04/11/2016
Division/Unit: Library Services
Appointment Type: Full-time, Unlimited
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Salary Range: $16.21 - $22.53 /hourly; $33,846 - $47,043 /annually
Classified Status: Classified 207 AFSCME
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position exists to support the operation of the library circulation services, with emphasis on the smooth functioning of reserves collection processes. Under general supervision, files, shelves, and circulates library materials, and assigns work to student clerical workers; performs related work as required.
To be qualified for this position, you must meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. Ensure that your resume contains descriptions of your work experiences sufficient for comparison against the requirements stated below.
Working knowledge of library classification system(s) and standard library reference tools sufficient to assist clients in locating materials and conducting research.
- Apply and support detailed coding or cataloguing systems sufficient to create tracking for new print and non-print library acquisitions and locate and replace existing materials.
- Operate personal computers, use various software and web-based applications, and other office equipment sufficient to locate catalog information, word-process documents, complete forms, and prepare reports.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing sufficient to determine and respond to the informational needs of clients of varied educational levels and backgrounds; to train, direct, and evaluate work of student clerical staff; and to assist the professional library staff in maintaining the library collection according to library policy and procedures.
- At least 1 year of experience working in an academic library, preferably with a customer service focus.
- 2 years of college coursework or a certificate in library information technology, information media, or an equivalent program.
- Experience using an integrated library system (e.g., ALEPH and OCLC).
- Experience working with or serving diverse or underserved populations.
- Experience giving work direction to others.
- Strong computer and technology skills – e.g., proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, ability to troubleshoot basic technology hardware and software.
This position requires successful completion of the following:
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor
click “Apply” at the bottom of this page: https://careers.mn.gov/psc/hcm92apc/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1001&JobOpeningId=4308&PostingSeq=1&
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Linda Schmitt at email@example.com or 952.358.8269.