This position exists to assist library operations as a library technician. The position includes extensive responsibilities to assist with preparation of library materials for use and circulation. It requires the ability to work independently and accurately. The position exists to help meet the library support needs of Goddard Library patrons including students, staff and RCTC and WSU-R faculty, as well as public users.
- Library of Congress classification system and standard library reference tools sufficient to assist clients in locating materials and conducting research.
- OCLC (On-Line Computer Library Network), MTT and/or NLM (National Library of Medicine) computer system sufficient to locate catalog information and print documenting materials.
- Library policies and procedures sufficient to train and direct work of student clerical staff.
- Procedures of various inter-library loan networks, copyright guidelines and location, and verification tools sufficient to coordinate inter-library loan activity.
- COM on-line catalog and PALS (Project for Automated Library Systems) on-line system sufficient to verify the accuracy of correct database records.
- Keyboard operation sufficient to produce letters, reports, and to complete forms in a timely and efficient manner.
- Operate various types of office machines, such as photocopying machines, micro-readers, and micro-computers sufficient to locate catalog information, word -process documents and prepare reports.
- Train and assign student clerical workers and advise professional library staff sufficient to maintain the library collection according to library policy and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with clients of varied educational levels and backgrounds sufficient to determine and respond to their informational needs.
- Compete detail-oriented tasks quickly and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Experience working in a library.
- Two years post-secondary education preferred.
- Cataloging experience.
- Experience with Aleph.