- Promote a diverse, culturally competent, and respectful workplace;
- Demonstrates knowledge of library services
- Demonstrates knowledge of filing and sorting systems
- Demonstrates skills in computers, cash registers, self-check machines, auto-materials handling systems, printers, copiers, and scanners
- Demonstrates skills in accurate fee collections
- Demonstrates skills in software programs used by the Library
- Demonstrates skills in accuracy and thoroughness when entering data in the computer system
- Demonstrates ability to follow Library policies and procedures
- Demonstrates ability to approach others in a tactful manner
- Demonstrates ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations
- Demonstrates ability to maintain confidentiality
- Paid customer service experience above the minimum requirements
- Paid software applications experience above the minimum requirements
- One or more years of paid library work experience
- Bilingual abilities
- Paid customer service experience working with cultural groups other than your own
Work performed is physical in nature, and typically performed within a Library. Lifting requirement of up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis. Equipment used may include, but is not limited to, computer, calculator, telephone, camera, cash register, photocopier, printer and scanner.
Work interruptions are frequent. There is some pressure associated with dealing with individuals who may be emotionally charged and with project or activity deadlines and details.
Additional physical/mental requirements that occur may not be listed above, but are inherent in performing the position's essential functions.