This is a part-time position (.4 FTE) that is responsible for the organization, management and promotion of The Blake School’s archives. The archive collections include artifacts, audio & visual recordings, photographs, publications and records. The archives also houses the permanent student records from the current school, as well as its predecessor institutions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Respond to requests for information and/or access to materials from a variety of constituents, including administrators, faculty, staff, trustees, alumni, students, families and external parties.
- Collaborate with staff from other departments and divisions to ensure that student records and student records requests are properly managed.
- Receive donations and actively solicit and acquire materials appropriate for permanent retention.
- Process existing materials to ensure proper storage and ease of access.
- Establish and maintain an electronic inventory/cataloging system.
- Share items from the archives by creating displays and composing content for print and web publications.
- Facilitate access to the digitized yearbook collection.
- Manage a small budget for archival supplies.
- Develop and implement a plan to use volunteers to assist with archives work.
- Ensure that the archives space is organized, safe and clean.
- Initiate and complete special projects as needed related to preservation, digitization, record retention, school history, alumni relations, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to manage multiple and changing priorities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of private information contained in records
- Ability to work independently with off-site supervision
- Ability to frequently lift and carry heavy boxes
- Proficiency/prior experience in archival work desired but not required
For more information and to apply: http://www.blakeschool.org/page.cfm?p=652