Location: L.E. Phillips Memorial Public Library in Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Seeking a collaborative, professional, and technologically savvy individual to serve on its cataloging team in Technical Services. The well-qualified candidate shall demonstrate good judgment and initiative, possess a working knowledge of standard cataloging practices, be a reliable team player with a strong commitment to customer service, and be able to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
Under general supervision, this position exists to perform cataloging functions that maintain the efficient flow of materials through Technical Services.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent in training and proven work experience.
- Minor in Library Science, including cataloging class, or equivalent in training and proven work experience is required.
- Accurate typing skills required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualities, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Knowledge of standard cataloging practice and resource tools, including but not limited to LC, RDA, ANSCR, Bibliographic Formats and Standards, LCGFT; the use and interpretation of MARC 21 and Dewey Classification; the ability to catalog all library materials accordingly; identify and report errors and problems to OCLC.
- Ability to meet standard of copy cataloging 10-12 items per hour with a low error rate.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the OCLC product Connexion Client for cataloging; design, creation and implementation of macros for cataloging efficiency; capable of deriving new records using Connexion work forms; familiarity with batch uploading.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with WebDewey and the RDA Toolkit.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, the MORE consortium staff and the public.
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
- Ability and initiative to work independently and efficiently with minimal direction.
- Ability to use and interpret spreadsheets.
- Proficiency in searching databases, use of the Internet and e-mail.
More Information and to apply: http://www.ecpubliclibrary.info/about-the-library/employment/