Salary: $17.06 - $18.95 Hourly
Hours: Part-Time 25 hours per week
Location:105 North Elm Ave., Owatonna, MN
Nature of Work: Provides library service to children, parents, and caregivers. In charge of children's service area and its day-to-day operation.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide a variety of services to the public:
- Charge and discharge materials.
- Register patrons, update patron files.
- Take requests for reserves and interlibrary loans.
- Assist in finding and using library materials.
- Instruct in use of library technology.
- Prepare and conduct storytimes and activities for children and families.
- Promote library service and reading.
- Maintain materials, equipment and supplies. Repair or withdraw materials as necessary.
- Record statistics.
- Provide an attractive, safe and inviting atmosphere in the children's service area. Create and maintain developmentally appropriate displays.
- Monitor internet activity.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
High School diploma or G.E.D. Two years' library or related experience. Experience in working with programs for children. Personal computer competency.
Preferred Qualifications: B.A. or B.S. degree, preferably in Elementary Education.
Hours of Work/Physical and Mental Demands:
- The normal workday shall vary and the normal work week is twenty-five (25) hours.
- Indoor office environment
To Apply: Visit the City of Owatonna's website: www.ci.owatonna.mn.us and click on Employment. Applications must be submitted online by 4:30pm, Monday, May 16, 2016.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.