Salary: $15.65 - $17.39 Hourly
Hours: Part-Time 25 hours per week
Location:105 North Elm Ave., Owatonna, MN
Nature of Work: To provide a variety of clerical support to the library staff and to assist the public in the use of library materials, equipment, and services. Work schedule includes evening and weekend hours.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide a variety of services to the public:
- Charge and discharge materials; sort; shelve.
- Distribute and record newspapers and other materials.
- Barcode and inventory materials; input data.
- Answer telephone; provide information requested or refer caller to appropriate party. Assist public in obtaining material through directions, reserves, or retrieval. Assist public in using public access computers, library catalog.
- Provide readers' advisory.
- Register new patrons.
- Collect fines and fees.
- Reserve materials.
- Notify patrons via telephone, e-mail, etc.
- Present programs and assist at programs: Introduce, distribute and collect evaluation tools, gather supporting materials, etc.
- Provide juveniles with a full range of library services, including assistance with computers.
- Maintain materials and equipment.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Extent and type of interaction with the public
- Represents City government through direct contact with the public. First point of contact for the public with the library, via walk-in, telephone, electronic communication.
- Answers questions, directs inquiries, assists in equipment use, materials use, notifies patrons of overdue/new/reserved materials:
- Answers citizen questions through daily telephone and internet contacts.
- Responds to citizen inquiries regarding City government in person, by telephone, and electronically.
- Daily contact with the public.
High school education and two years of retail and customer service experience and/or two years' experience in working with children. Prior knowledge of libraries. Demonstrable keyboarding skill. Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook software. Experience searching and evaluating a variety of sources, including the Internet. Ability to multi-task.
Experience using Dynix/Horizon or other integrated library system. Experience in Enterprise Catalog, MNLink and dedicated databases.
Hours of Work/Physical and Mental Demands:
- The normal workday shall vary and the normal work week is twenty-five (25) hours.
- Indoor office environment
To Apply: Visit the City of Owatonna's website: www.ci.owatonna.mn.us and click on Employment. Applications must be submitted online by 4:30pm, Monday, May 16, 2016.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.