Friends School of Minnesota
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.85 /hour
Required education: High School or equivalent
- Organize library system
- Maintain accurate record of books purchased, in need of repair or replacement, borrowed, and returned
- Prepares financial plans for library including annual expenditures
- Keep abreast of current youth literature
- Assists users with identifying, locating, and interpreting information
- Arranges for flexibility and use of library space by students, faculty, and parents
- Adds and subtracts from collection as needed
- Organize Maud Lovelace and North Star activities
- Update library website
- Maintain checkout database
- Repair and circulate books as needed
- Helping students to identify resources as authentic, and recognize bias and relevancy
- Coordinate with teachers to identify and procure helpful resources for projects
- Set policy for appropriate student behavior in the library in accordance with school policies
- Other duties as assigned by Head of School
- Possess ability to keep students active, on-task, and at an appropriate volume level.
- Enjoy working with children from a wide range of cultural backgrounds.
- At Least an associates degree in the field of library science, education, child development, or other related field
- Prior experience in school or camp setting (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Positive and appropriate interpersonal and interpersonal communication skills with both children and adults
- Supportive of the goals and values of Quaker and progressive education.
- Able to use constructive criticism to adapt behaviors
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Generally works in standard classroom conditions and climate.
- Works in a highly stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- May sit for extended periods of time.